IANA has a singular purpose, to keep intermodal freight transportation constantly moving forward. To do so, the association needs the engagement of all facets of the diverse industry.
Learn how IANA's members handled the pandemic and their thoughts on 2021 and beyond.
IANA's membership of over 1,000 corporate members is broken down into voting and non-voting categories.
Voting membership — comprised of five divisions
- 3PL Division — companies that act as shipping intermediaries that arrange, purchase and sell intermodal freight shipments
- Marine Division — companies that provide freight transportation by water that has prior or subsequent movement by another transportation mode; also includes intermodal stacktrain transportation companies, port authorities and port terminal operators
- Motor Carrier Division — companies that provide truck transportation of freight that may or may not have a prior or subsequent movement by another mode of transportation
- Rail Division — companies that provide intermodal rail transportation and associated intermodal terminal services
- Supplier Division — companies that provide products or services other than transportation to any member of the association, covering a broad spectrum of service and product providers
Allows the inclusion of other organizations and individuals with influence and interest in intermodal transportation.
- Associate — limited to individual representatives from government and the military, associations, shippers/receivers, the academic community, students, media and other related organizations
- At-Large — limited to individuals employed by IANA member companies. At-Large members receive all the benefits of full membership except voting privileges
WHAT VALUE DOES IANA OFFER?
Delivering Actionable Knowledge
Communications: Leverage a variety of information tools to help keep you abreast of what is happening in the industry, as well as to help advance your business needs.
Discounts: Enjoy reduced fees on all of IANA’s products, programs and services.
BUILDING A UNIFIED COMMUNITY
Mode Neutrality: Within the IANA family the only agenda is to further the intermodal industry’s role and impact on freight transportation. We provide a forum that considers all viewpoints and develops consensus solutions to common industry challenges and business processes.
Committees & Task Forces: Expand your knowledge of the industry’s most pressing issues and participate in the problem-solving process.
Scholarship Program: Help develop future intermodal leaders. Since its establishment in 2007, IANA has awarded over $3 million to universities to progress the education of the freight transportation industry’s next generation of leaders.
DRIVING INDUSTRY SUCCESS
Recommended Practices: Be involved in developing consensus around practices that will benefit the industry. Improve your company’s safety, operations and M&R practices through IANA committee recommendations.
Information Services: Explore IANA’s value-added services, including industry data and information delivery flows that facilitate business processes and enable transactions in the areas of environmental initiatives, risk management, safety and security.